Start by being kind. All the best things take root from there.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Lost Love



It’s been so long since I could enjoy you, so long since you’ve taken me in your open, warm arms. I should have never taken you for granted all those years that we were together. It was so blissful then, but I suppose everything looks more beautiful in hindsight. I wish we could know each other the way we used to. My heart aches for you. How long can we be separated for?

We were meant for each other. I was built for you to recover me, for you to calm my mind and ease my body’s aches. Do you miss me the way I yearn for you? You are my daydreams, my escape, the one I look to at night. I’ve learned that all along I have loved you, even when I thought I barely needed you. Even when I put you off and made you seem less important, even an afterthought or a bother. I fear I betrayed you then. I never want to neglect you again. You recharge me, give me stamina, give me peace, set me at ease. How could I ever get through each day without you in it? I wish you could come back to me. I wish we could relish in each other’s presence. I’ll never forget you. I’ll always need you.

But, because I feel this way, I must be the one to tell you. As long as you are away I will miss you. But now, my treasure, I cannot have you. I can only dream of what we once had.

It’s nothing you did. You have always waited for me. You held up your end. And I know, when I am ready you will take me back.

We cannot be together because I have fallen in love. The greatest love I’ve ever known. A love so pure and perfect. It’s this love that keeps me from you. But soon…soon we can reunite. You will still be what you used to be for me. But I can never put you first again. I know you will forgive me. One day I will just stumble upon you and realize you were there, patiently waiting all along. But for now, my new love wins my heart. And though she does, I miss you still… my precious sleep.

2 comments: