Start by being kind. All the best things take root from there.



Friday, May 18, 2012

Our Light




May 18, 2012—Our Light




I asked you today, “When did you know you loved me?”


When I knew, thinking back, it was like Norah learning something new


One day, it was just who I was now, hard to imagine before that


It was all leading up to you


To us


To her


That bounce in your walk


Your inability to hide your joy when I ran up to you


That confidence you had that you say was so uncharacteristic


Watching you sit at a piano


Hearing you sit with your guitar


Our first exchange with those cords


Laying against you, head on your chest, and your arm around me


Smiling, laughing, joking, kissing in the pitch black and pouring rain


We already knew each other before we met


Somehow


I wonder if our mothers ever walked past each other while we were in their bellies


Every detail I think back on, was planned, just for us


For me to be there when you were there


For me to know him and for you to know him


Every detail


To prove a oneness


To give hope


To be light


To be salt


It was all leading up to this


To us


To her


To share The Beauty


To give light

No comments:

Post a Comment