Start by being kind. All the best things take root from there.



Friday, April 1, 2011

Holdfast


Two days ago Curtis and I named our child.

Every morning I read to her and talk to her and we sit in the green rocking chair listening to the birds outside and the cat meows for attention because she's so sure something's up. It slows my dizzy world. Baby grows every second in her warm, fluid world. She listens to my voice and my stomach growl and the fountain outside and the cat whining. I can't wait to show her the green, the birds that are all different, the people who already love her, the smells and way things feel to the touch... all the most important things. The things we tend to forget. I can't wait to watch her see and touch and love.

You are ours.

You are His.

You are so important.

You are so beautiful.

Let's keep growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment